Booking Terms & Conditions
Thank you for taking a look at our website. If you’ve already booked, we look forward to welcoming you. If you’re just browsing, we hope you’ll choose to stay with us some time in the future. Here are a few things you need to know before you book – scroll down or click a number below to jump to a specific policy.
Making and Paying For a Booking.
- Rooms can only be booked by an adult aged 18 or over. We are an adult only B&B therefore all room occupants must be over 18.
- Prices quoted are per room per night and include free breakfast. We are not VAT registered.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay and cash.
- When a booking is made we require a valid credit or debit card in the name of either occupant of the room, and this card should be brought with you for check-in.
- Before your stay we will pre-authorise your card with the balance of your booking in order to hold your room. Pre-authorisation does not remove the funds from your account therefore you can pay by alternative method at check-in if preferred at which time the pre-authorisation will be released.
Cancellation Policy for Direct Bookings.
- Cancellations 7 or more days before arrival are free of charge.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before 3pm of the day of arrival incur a charge equal to the cost of the first night of the booking.
- In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
- Important: Cancellation for bookings made via Booking.com differ from bookings made on our official website.
- We strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance in case of cancellation.
Check-in / Check Out Times.
- Check-in opens at 4pm and closes at 7pm. Arrivals after 7pm are strictly by arrangement only and may incur a charge. We do not accept arrivals after 9pm.
- Checkout is by 10:00am.
- Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we are currently unable to store luggage prior to or post stay.
- Unfortunately, we can only accept registered guests in to the property therefore visitors to your room / property are not allowed.
- All Rooms at The Carmen B&B have 1 bed (double or king size according to room choice), and each room is for double or single occupancy, according to your booking.
- We do not have single beds.
- Extra beds cannot be added to our rooms.
No Smoking / No Vaping Policy.
- Smoking, vaping and use of recreational drugs is not allowed in any area of The Carmen B&B, including out of windows and en suite shower rooms. For the health and safety of all of our guest, our garden is also a smoke free zone.
- Anyone who has been found or suspected to be smoking indoors will be liable to a cleaning charge at a minimum of £100, and asked to leave the premises immediately without refund. Cigarette stubs must not under any circumstances be brought in to your room / shower room.
- We provide one set of keys for each room. If keys are lost or not returned on departure, we charge a replacement fee of £20 per set.